CAS

CAS

Friday, April 15, 2016

Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris #1


I've started developing a Barsoom campaign after reading through the Warriors of the Red Planet RPG. Besides re-reading Burroughs (which I heartily recommend) I've gathered a number of Barsoomy images for inspiration. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris comic isn't just a cheap collection of T&A. The Carlos Rafael interior art is more than nice and most surprising, the story by Arvid Nelson isn't bad.  There is a ton of material here both visually and textually that can be stol.. I mean adapted toward a Barsoom campaign and I intend on doing just that. There are a number of covers available (they are shown on the last page) The Joe Jusko is my favorite followed by Sean Chen's. I do like the face of Dejah Thoris and the Cat behind her in this cover by Ale Garza though he went a little heavy on the breasts. Good thing gravity is light on Barsoom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Generic messages by Anonymous users will be deleted.