CAS

CAS

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Warriors of the Red Planet RPG


By Al Krombach & Thomas Denmark

I've just received a copy of the rulebook and done a very quick read-through. I'm very pleased with what I've seen. I'm a 1e AD&D gamer and this ruleset is not only an easy conversion to 1e, if you feel you even need to bother since the RPG is complete in this one book, but it also contains material worth exporting to a fantasy game using the AD&D rules.

I've always disliked the psionics system in AD&D and have used a cobbled-together alternative for popular psionic-wielding monsters such as Mind Flayers, but this rulebook presents a simple alternative in their magic-user-like character class The Mentalist.

I have noticed a few formatting errors in the edition, but nothing critical. The cover art of the Beta edition was much more attractive and I'm surprised that it wasn't reused for this edition.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Generic messages by Anonymous users will be deleted.