CAS

CAS

Friday, December 6, 2019

Greyhawk Conversion - Dark Tower/Caverns of Thracia




Dark Tower and The Caverns of Thracia by Jennell Jaquays are two of the best adventure modules ever produced. Dark Tower especially brings back one of the most fun and exciting times I ever had as a player. As a DM I found them both to be treasures exceeding their use as adventures. They had an influence on my campaigns and certainly on my own style of DMing and adventure design.
I wont go into deails on either but recommend them most highly to any DM. But this post isn't a review. My thoughts are about placing these adventures in the greyhawk campaign.
For Dark Tower I placed it in Bissel as an ancient outpost of Baklunish civilization lost long before the Invoked Devastation. The gods can be changed to protect the innocent though the Baklunish pantheon is so empty that dropping some Earthly deities into it would fill in some holes. For myself I grabbed the ancient being Sutek from Doctor Who for my Set and he works well for my campaign.
Caverns of Thracia was discussed on Lord Gosumba's Twitch channel last week and I loved the suggestion of placing the adventure with auitable alterations in Slerotin's Passage. Something I will be adding to my own campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Generic messages by Anonymous users will be deleted.