CAS

CAS

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Minstrel Tales - The Leprechaun



In my campaign Leprechauns are legendary creatures popular in Geoff featured in songs, tales and ballads told to children. None, at least no one sober enough to be believed, has actually encountered one, but in a world with Dragons and Brownies, the Little Green Men are not a far stretch of the imagination.


10:59 AM
The Geoff Rangers who serve the Duke refer to their new recruits as 'leprechauns'.

Here is a ditty sung to children


While crossing Midwood, one moonlit night, a leprechaun I spied
With a scarlet cap and coat of green, a crossbow by his side
Twas "snik, snak, snik" went his knife, carving a tiny bolt
I laughed to see him at his work, but the Green Man was laughing not
With a quiet step but hard beating heart I softly drew away.
But the leprechaun heard my steps and slyly looked my way.
There was mischief in his little face and a twinkle in his eye.
He raised a cup that had been at his side and drank his mountain dew
Then quick as thought he raised his bow, "Your money purse!" he cried.
I laughed to think what a fool I'd been and the Green Man was laughing too.
I tossed him my pouch full of tobacco leaves so that it landed by his side
As he turned to look I ran away which was the only think to do
If you are crossing Midwood one moonless night and leprechaun you do spy
Just leave him be and run full speed and keep your money purse by your side.
(Altered from The Leprechaun Song)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Generic messages by Anonymous users will be deleted.