CAS

CAS

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Minstrel Tales - Over the Javan

+

Minstrel Tales - Over the Javan

Here is a song popular among the soldiers of the Gran March.

Over the Javan the wet wind blows.
I've lice in my tunic 
And a cold 
In my Nose

The rain comes pattering
Out of the sky; 
I serve the Gran March but
I don't know why

The mist creeps over Hochoch's
Grey stone;
My girl's in Hookhill and I sleep
All alone.

My cousin is always hanging 
Around her Pa's place;
I don't like his manners 
And I don't like his face.

Captain's a Pholtite, He worships
A light;
He says to forget her; I say it
Ain't right.

She gave me a ring but I diced
it away;
But I want my girl back and I don't 
Want to stay

Over the Javan where the wet wind
Does blow;
Where I'm cold and Im lonesome
And feeling so low.


Baulderized from 'Over the Heather'
By W, H, Auden 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Generic messages by Anonymous users will be deleted.