Sunday, November 11, 2018
Where the Bandits Are - Wormhall Part 2 The River Tower
Wormhall Part 2 The River Tower
The River is Constructed on a small, rough island of rock that sits in the middle of the Ritensa River between Wormhall Port and the lands of the Horned society.
1. These are the main doors. A path leads down from them to a small quay where a single medium boat can tie up and offload goods. There is a small crane for offloading bulky items.
The entrance doors are thick and stout with a metal portculus that can be lowered in front of them.
The doors themselves are damp and swollen from the spray of the river crashing against the rocks and even magical fire will have a difficult time setting them ablaze. The tower is constructed of thick stone. It radiates faintly of evil if detected for as it was raised by devils summoned by the Hierarchs of the Horned Society.
The roof of this passage is lined with murder holes in the cealing.
The interior doors are thick and a second portculus can be lowered in place before them. These doors, while stout, have no special resistance to fire.
2. The interior of the 1st floor is filthy. The floor is covered in dirty hay, cracked bones, and cloth scraps pushed into piles. At least 10 gnolls can be found here at any given time.
The stone walls are all pierced with loopholes for archers. The ceiling is 10ft high and there is a small step before each loophole which is set 6ft above the ground giving the archers on the 1st floor the ability to fire down a little on those outside without the ability for the loopholes to be used against those inside. There are pegs on the wall by the loopholes to hold quivers of arrows.
There are weapon racks on each wall and quivers full of longbow arrows at hand.
3. Stairs going up to Level 2
4. A trapdoor leading down to the Basement
5. A metal cage usually contain a captive or two. The gnolls have a taste for fresh meat.
To be continued