CAS

CAS

Monday, November 19, 2018

Setting Night Below in Greyhawk - Thank You Carl Sargent


After learning that Carl Sargent passed away I began looking over some of his work and was reminded that Night Below was a masterpiece. Not only do I feel it belongs in Greyhawk but I find it dovetails wonderfully with the supermodule trilogy of T1-4, A1-4, GDQ1-7

As a DM I am a scrooge when it comes to xp and my players have to take the long road to reach that next level. I've always had to flesh out the supermodules to get them high enough level to have a chance to survive. In the past I've harvested a great deal from Night Below but this time I intend to have it as the core and alter the supermodules to fit its story rather than my old take on using Night Below to beef up the super modules.

1 comment:

  1. I always felt the Rockseer stones for teleportation in the Underdark would help immensly in the GDQ1-7 series (particularly in the D3 section).

    ReplyDelete

Generic messages by Anonymous users will be deleted.