CAS

CAS

Monday, December 12, 2016

Rereading Alexander Kent's Bolitho novels


I've really only read this one and started the first book Stand to Danger, but I misplaced my dead-tree copy and enough time lapsed to want to go back and start at the beginning.

I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoyed the Hornblower stories, and anyone who likes Drake's or Weber's sci-fi versions and wants to give something similar but with the original coat of paint. They are also available on kindle, which for me is becoming something of a necessity as my eyesight continues to decline. I'm not sure if the complete Midshipman Bolitho is available in any other format than kindle.

The Bolitho stories don't appear to have been published sequentially but it seems that kindle versions have been rearranged to provide a sequential story. That has worked out well for the Midshipman Bolitho stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.