CAS

CAS

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay - Deconstructing


I recently picked up a copy of the 1st edition rules that had survived a fire with a charred spine and a slightly smokey after-taste but appears otherwise intact. Intact, that is, before I take it apart and see what I can salvage from it both conceptually and graphically.

I've always loved the Games Workshop style of illustrating their work but have had problems with their RPG system. I'm a 1e player and WFRPG is pretty anathema to my thought process as a DM. I do like some of their magic, their items and creatures and they had a depressing but top notch world setting (If only they had some writers who could have done it justice).

I'm not sure what there is to scavenge but it is a big book and hopefully their will be ideas worth stealing as well as illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.