CAS

CAS

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Lord of the Rings LCG



Lord of the Rings LCG

I'm very late to the party here but I've never done much with card games before and only recently picked up a set of the Lord of the Rings LCG. At the moment I'm a solo gamer so the cooperative nature of this game had an immediate appeal along with the LotR theme.

Gaming solo it can be difficult to learn the rules correctly since it is easy to miss a small thing and keep repeating mistakes. Luckily the BoardGameGeek site has several video tutorials and an extensive amount of postings and threads of various nature and as I slowly read through them I find small areas that I missed. Unfortunately the rulebook fails to illustrate some key elements of play. I wish they would have chosen their examples of play a bit more thoroughly.

The game itself has been very enjoyable. A fair amount of luck of the draw is involved which after reading many comments really pisses some people off but my feeling is that otherwise the game would become too easy to defeat otherwise. Personally I don't want a game I can beat everytime I play.


I'm just playing the base game with the pre-assembled decks so I don't know how it will play with the dozen or two of expansions already out there but I have had a blast winning and losing at this game already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.