CAS

CAS

Monday, June 13, 2011

Minstrel Tales A Prayer to Hextor

A Prayer to Hextor

This is an inscription found on the barrow of an ancient Oeridian War-Chief. It is still used today to honor fallen worshippers of Hextor who have achieved greatness in Hextor's cause.

"My days have run, A servant I
Worshipper, of mighty Hextor;
Student of war and battle, Hextor's lore;
I have called his battle-cry;
Fulfilled his red and bleeding feast;
Held my enemies heart within the flame;
I am set free and named by name
Honored by the War-God's priests."

An altered fragment of Aristophanes

4 comments:

  1. Perfect! I'm playing a LE cavalier of Hextor at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very cool. I started coming up with these for an NPC bard I was running in a pbem.

    Wait till I start detailing the Hextor temple and cult in the City of Greyhawk. They are responsible for provising clerics to one of the city gates, but the guardsmen at the gate are all worshipers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am way into that. In a campaign I once ran, Hextorites figured prominently. I wish I would have had your prayer back then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to see what I can come up with. I started work on an adventure several years ago where Hextor was imprisoned by a hundred chains of bronze and the players were struggling through a dungeon to release him.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.